- Institution building
- Regional resource analysis
- Project identification
- Detailed design
- Project management
- Construction supervision
- Additional advisory services
The programme comprises the construction and re-habilitation of 24,000 classrooms within 6 years. Maintenance programmes are to be initiated and implemented so as to ensure the sustainability of the investments made. DORSCH CONSULT was awarded the task of implementing phase 1, which covers the pilot phase, during which there is a heavy research element covering:
- Institutional capacities, including proposals for the creation of a new government agency (Construction Advisory Unit)
- Construction capacities of contractors and direct labour teams
- Site selection
- Building supplies (timber, cement, aggregates, steel), consumables (school supplies - stationery)
- Planning and legal instruments
- Design standards and forms of contract
- Public awareness and aspirations.
- Once phase 1 was completed, the management modes were tested to ensure subsequent replicability on a much wider scale.
- The services are being financed by GTZ under German technical cooperation.