Mae Sot – Tak – Kamphaeng Phet – Nakhon Sawan Northern, Thailand:Feasibility Study and Detailed Design for Double Track Railway Construction Project (Mae Sot – Tak - Kamphaeng Phet - Nakhon Sawan)
The scope of consulting work consists of 3 parts as follows:
Part 1: Feasibility study and review of the engineering, economics, social, financial and appropriate investment including study on system operation plan, passenger forecast, investment schemes and route alignment.
Part 2: Detail track alignment and topographic map, detailed station design, detailed level crossing design, detailed viaduct design, detailed tunnel design, detailed overpass or underpass design, perimeter fencing, detailed drainage and culvert design, cadastral map, utility map, cadastral map for land acquisition. Detailed geology survey for tunnel alignment and construction methodology. Survey buildings which need to be demolished and provide costestimate for demolishing and compensation. Support SRT for all permits. Provide Public hearings and incorporate concerns into design.
Public Participation workshops with District Administrations and other Regulatory Bodies were included in the detailed design phase.
Following drawings, calculation and standards were included:
• Geometric Design • Detailed Design Requirement.
• Survey, Key map, General layout.
• Detailed Design foundations, structures, bridges, trackbed.
• Detailed Design based on Seismic Categorisation.
• Most sustainable environmentally friendly solution for reuse of excavation material during and after construction.
• Optimisation required functional and equipment room areas in stations.
• Interation of signaling and communication system into existing system.
• Special consideration for flood prevention
• Detailed design of embankments and railway structure,
• Detailed Design of track work comprise rail, sleeper, ballast, fastener and turnout.
• Detailed Design of road structure for overpass or underpass.
• Detailed Design of infrastructure and road network connect to around stations.
• Detailed Design drainage system and flooding system along alignment.
• Detailed Design for slope protection system and soil erosion.
• Plan, Profile, Cross – section of railway, utilities in project area
• Detailed Design Crossing – section of main structure bridge, slope, cross, road and exiting Walkway connect to the main track and other feature include measure of construction and standard safety during construction until operation during construction.
• Detailed Design Design station, station area, freight area.
• Detailed Design Design depot for rolling stock maintenance
Part 3: Detailed design signaling system communication system with Centralized traffic control (CTC) system and electrical engineering work.
• Provide Signalling Tender Design (Which could be integrated intoto existing signalling system) include link to CTC. All signaling equipment based on ETCS level 1 including ATP wayside & train borne equipment.
• Detailed design communication system for transfer of information in form of voice and transfer data between train and station and communication between train ,station and CTC.
• Design CTC and CCTV system in station areas.
• The detail design of the signaling system must be in accordance with the final selected alignment and trackwork and based on detailed track layout, operation plan, train diagram, and signaling plan.
Feasibility Study, Detailed Design, and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) for the 256 km section Mae Sot – Tak Kamphaeng Phet - Nakhon Sawan. The project is to develop East-West Corridor from Mae Sot – Tak to connect to the North South Corridor Tak Nakhon Sawan. The project will be planned as double
track project for independent directional operation and will include three four tunnels of 15km, 12 km, 1.5km and 0.8km. Two of the Tunnels will be the longest in Thailand. The Project Scope includes: