- Subsoil investigations and foundatoin report
- Structural design and calculations, functional design
- Material procurement incl. acceptance tests
- Site supervision incl. cost control
- Issuing of certificates of completion
- As-built/as-installed drawings
- Overall project coordination
The firm of Siemens Plessey Radar Ltd. required the construciton of a slotted, cantilever concrete tower with three separate azimuth positioners to host movable electronic testing equipment for the high-precision testing of radar equipment - the first installation of its kind in the world. DORSCH CONSULT was retained by the main contractor MBB/DASA as contractor for the turnkey construction and as engineering consultant for the functional and structural design of the civil works for the CNTF including the ancillary operation and air conditioning building.
This multi-sectoral contract also comprised the access road, steelwork, insulation material and electrical installations as well as the extensive coordination of the installation of sophisticated mechanical and electrical equipment.
Special investigations involving a finite-element analysis were necessary to assess possible deformation of the tower, and settlements of the foundation, due to its eccentric position, wind loads and temperature variations.