Leipzig: University Hospital Microbiology Institute Building
The Leipzig university clinics plan to completely rehabilitate the institute building of the Microbiology Department in several phases.
The first two phases comprise the ground floor in the eastern wing of the building, the 1st floor and the 2nd floor, as well as a central air-conditioning unit in the roof storey, selected rooms in the basement (rooms for technical services and facilities, caretaker rooms) and a section for animal stalls in the basement.
The rooms on the ground floor, 1st and 2nd floor are partially used as offices, but for the most part as laboratories. The laboratories are classified as S2.
A special feature are the laboratories on the 2nd floor, of which 3 laboratories are built as nuclear laboratories with a joint airlock, and one S3 laboratory.
This laboratory is the first laboratory to be classified as S3 in Saxony.
Architecture and Urban Design
Dorsch International Consultants
Leipzig University - University Hospital Department 4 - Technology / Construction
- Rehabilitation of structure, including windows
- Complete rehabilitation of heating and sanitation systems (preliminary works in basement for entire building)
- Central gas supply (CO2 and special gas)
- Air-conditioning system for S3 laboratory with high-efficiency submicron particulate airfilters and volume flow regulators for maintaining pressure above atmospheric
- Air-conditioning system for animal stalls section (DDC regulated)
- CO2 fire extinguishing system for S3 laboratory
- New power supply, divided up into general power supply, emergency power supply and no-break power supply
- New telephone system and data network
- Fire alarm system
- Intruder alarm system and airlock control for S3 laboratory