Russia: CIS Housing Programme
Within the scope of the reunification of Germany in 1990 the Federal Republic agreed to provide the means for implementing a civilian housing construction programme in the USSR for the forces returning from the territory of the former GDR.
The individual apartment units, including the associated technical and social infrastructure, are to be concentrated in a number of construction lots and built on a turnkey basis by general contractors.
For the execution of the project the German Economics Ministry (represented by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau/KfW) and the relevant departments in the USSR set up the following special units:
- Soviet-German design team including approx. 60 German construction firmsSoviet-German consulting consortium comprising 5 German consulting engineering companies under the leadership of Dorsch.
Architecture and Urban Design
Dorsch International Consultants
€ 4.27 billion
Housing Administration of Russian Ministry of Defence
Advisory services in respect of:
- Preparation of tender documents and of other components of housing construction programme
- Acceptance of technical specifications prepared by Soviet-German design team
- Organisation of international competitive bidding including bid evaluaton, recommendations for award of contract and contract negotiations
Project management and construction supervision services up to the final acceptance of the work on behalf of the client featuring:
- Overall construction supervision
- Local site supervision