Data Privacy Statement
1. Collection and Storage of Personal Data, as well as type and purpose of utilization
When accessing our website
When you visit our website, the browser you are using on your terminal device will automatically transmit information to the server of our website. That information will be stored temporarily in a so-called log file. In the process, the following information will be collected without any activity on your part, and stored until automated erasure:
- the IP address of the accessing computer;
- the date and time of such access;
- the name and URL of the file being retrieved;
- the website from which such access originates (Referrer URL);
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned above will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection build-up for the website;
- ensuring convenient utilization of our website;
- evaluating system security and stability; as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for our data processing is Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (f), of the GDPR. Our legitimate interests derive from the data-collection purposes listed above. We will under no circumstances utilize the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions as to your personal identity.
Furthermore, we shall be using cookies when our website is accessed. Please find further explanations in Section 5 of this Data Privacy Statement.
2. E-Mail Links
If you send us an e-mail message – e.g. via one of the e-mail links on our website –, we shall collect, store, and process your data only insofar as this may be necessary for processing your inquiries, and for our correspondence with you. We shall treat your data in accordance with the provisions of data-protection legislation, generally taking the greatest possible precautions to ensure their security.
We would like to point out that in any sending of non-encrypted e-mail messages, data transmission over the Internet will be unprotected, and that therefore the data may theoretically be inspected, or even corrupted, by unauthorized individuals.
3. Disclosure of Data
There will be no disclosure of your personal data to third parties for any purposes other than those listed below.
We will transmit your personal data to third parties only:
- if you have given your express written consent pursuant to Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (a), of the GDPR;
- if processing pursuant to Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (f), of the GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise, of defense of legal claims, and if there are no grounds for the assumption that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data;
- in cases where there is a legal obligation to disclose such data in accordance with Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (c), of the GDPR; as well as
- if admissible under statutory law, and if required pursuant to Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (b), of the GDPR for the performance of contractual relationships with you.
4. Rights on the Part of Data Subjects
Your rights will include –
- pursuant to the provisions of Article 15 of the GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you will be entitled to obtain information about the purposes of the processing; the categories of the personal data concerned; the categories of recipients to whom your data have been, or will be, disclosed; the envisaged period of storage; the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing, or a right to object; the right to lodge a complaint; the right to obtain information as to the source of data where such data have not been collected from you; as well as the right to obtain information about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, if applicable, the right to obtain meaningful information about the details of such processing;
- pursuant to the provisions of Article 16 of the GDPR, the right to the rectification of any inaccurate data, or to the completion of any of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to the provisions of Article 17 of the GDPR, the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data stored by us unless their processing will be required for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to the provisions of Article 18 of the GDPR, the right to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data where the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, or you oppose the erasure of such data while we no longer need such data but you require them for the establishment, exercise, of defense of legal claims; or in cases where you object to the processing in accordance with the provisions of Article 21 of the GDPR;
- pursuant to the provisions of Article 20 of the GDPR, the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, or to demand that such data be transmitted to another processor;
- pursuant to Article 7, Clause 3, GDPR, the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will result in our being barred for the future from continuing the data processing based on that consent; and
- pursuant to Article 77, GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may for that purpose consult the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work, or of our law office.
In a cookie, information will be filed as a result of the context of each specific instance of the use of a terminal device. This, however, does not mean that the process will provide us directly with information about your identity.
Our measures to optimize user-friendliness further include the use of temporary cookies that will be stored on your terminal device for a certain predetermined period of time. If you repeat a visit to our website to enlist our services, a temporary cookie will automatically recognize your previous visits as well as any of your inputs and settings so that there will be no need for you to repeat such input.
The data processed by cookies for the purposes as aforesaid will be necessary for the protection of our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (f), GDPR.
Most browsers will accept cookies automatically. You may, however, configure your browser in such manner that no cookies will be stored on your computer, or that a message will invariably appear prior to the creation of each new cookie. Any complete deactivation of cookies, though, may prevent you from using the full range of the functions of our website.
6. Right to Object
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6, Clause 1, Lit. (f), of the GDPR, you will have the right, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data insofar as there are grounds relating to your particular situation, or if you object to processing for direct-marketing purposes. In the latter case, you will have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without any statement relating to a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it will be sufficient to send an e-mail message to datenschutz(at)dorsch(dot)de.
7. Data Security
Within the framework of website visits, we use the widespread SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol in conjunction with the highest applicable encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this will be 256-bit encryption. Should your browser not support 256-bit encryption, we will resort to 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell by the ‘closed’ representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser whether any individual page of our Internet appearance is being sent by encrypted transmission.
In other respects, we use the appropriate technical and organizational safeguarding features to protect your data from accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our safeguarding features are improved on a continual basis in accordance with developments in technology.
8. Name and Contact Details of the Controller and the Internal Data Protection Officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by Dorsch Holding GmbH, Frankfurt Airport Center 1, Hugo-Eckener-Ring, Geb. 234, HBK 43, 60549 Frankfurt am Main, and the companies of the Dorsch Gruppe.
Dr. Gregor Scheja, attorney-at-law, was appointed as data protection officer:
Scheja und Partner Rechtsanwälte mbB
Adenauerallee 136 - 53113 Bonn, Germany
Telephone +49 228 227226-16
Fax +49 228 227226-26
You can contact the data protection officer directly using the following online form: https://www.scheja-partner.de/kontakt/kontakt.html
9. Analysis tools and advertising
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider of this service is Google Ireland Limited („Google“), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics uses so-called cookies. Cookies are text files, which are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of the use of the website by users. The information generated by cookies on your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored.
The storage of Google Analytics cookies and the utilization of this analysis tool are based on Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR. The operator of this website has a legitimate interest in the analysis of user patterns to optimize both, the services offered online and the operator’s advertising activities.
On this website, we have activated the IP anonymization function. As a result, your IP address will be abbreviated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states that have ratified the Convention on the European Economic Area prior to its transmission to the United States. The full IP address will be transmitted to one of Google’s servers in the United States and abbreviated there only in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google shall use this information to analyse your use of this website to generate reports on website activities and to render other services to the operator of this website that are related to the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transmitted in conjunction with Google Analytics from your browser shall not be merged with other data in Google’s possession.
You do have the option to prevent the archiving of cookies by making pertinent changes to the settings of your browser software. However, we have to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their fullest extent. Moreover, you have the option prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and affiliated with your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Objection to the recording of data
You have the option to prevent the recording of your data by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. This will result in the placement of an opt out cookie, which prevents the recording of your data during future visits to this website: Google Analytics deactivation.
For more information about the handling of user data by Google Analytics, please consult Google’s Data Privacy Declaration at: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Contract data processing
We have executed a contract data processing agreement with Google and are implementing the stringent provisions of the German data protection agencies to the fullest when using Google Analytics.
Data on the user or incident level stored by Google linked to cookies, user IDs or advertising IDs (e.g. DoubleClick cookies, Android advertising ID) will be anonymized or deleted after 14 month. For details please click the following link: support.google.com/analytics/answer/7667196