Prizren: Sewage Disposal in Southwest Kosovo - Consulting Service for Institutional and Operation Support for the WWTP of the Regional Water Company in Prizren
The Regional Water Company Hidroregjioni Jugor (RWC HJ) domiciled in Prizren, supplies water and sewerage services to the Municipalities of Prizren, Suhareka, Dragash, and Malisheve. Since 2008, the company has been owned by the Republic of Kosovo, operating under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Economic Development. In the beginning of 2017, RWC HJ supplied water to some 44,000 households.
The project aims to improve wastewater collection and treatment in the project area; contribute to the protection of surface and groundwater resources, and consequently improve the living conditions of the population. The accompanying measures contribute to the success of the project by supporting RWC HJ in the operation of the new WWTP and improving its performance through effective capacity building of its staff in water and sanitation related activities.
The project consists of the main following capacity building measures:
- Status analysis and recommendations for technical and economic recommendations
- Organisational structure optimisation for the new wastewater treatment service
- Ideation and implementation of training programs
- Development of tariff strategies, a sludge management concept, and an industrial management concept.
- Support of the WWTP operation