- Developing a SMP for the service area of Jerusalem Water Undertaking (JWU) being located in the Governorates of Ramallah and Al Bireh including the Jerusalem Governorate (parts J-1 and J-2).
- The SMP shall comprise the following aspects:
- Treatment and final disposal of domestic, commercial, institutional wastewater, etc.; preliminary design for sewer networks and main collectors and estimation of design parameters for WWTP; the level of sanitation services shall cover – central vs. cluster / on-site solutions
- finalisation of the cadastre for industrial wastewater and related basic estimations (quantity, quality, range of treatment),
- analysis of quantities of faecal sludge for treatment in WWTP
- the collection of storm water and addressing of hot spots through preliminary designs
- Comparison of wastewater treatment options and selection of preferred option for energy efficiency and recovery
Improvment of the living conditions of the people in the Palestinian Territories by improving the collection, treatment and disposal of wastewater and providing reliable sustainable services to the population; Providing a sound basis for the future development of comprehensive wastewater system to the population in the future supply area of the JWU.