The system was designed for the following boundary conditions:
- Primary objective - to couple cooling and heating with simultaneous cooling and heating demand.
- Secondary objective - to provide cooling in summer in addition to the chillers already installed
- Tertiary objective - to provide heat in winter as an alternative to the already installed heat generators
- Optimization limit - installation space and feed priorities for existing generators.
A general reorganization of the heat generation at the Neukölln site was to be planned. The package of measures includes the construction of a new gas turbine with waste heat boiler, transformer station, gas supply, PtH plant, large CHP unit, conversion of a 5,000 m³ oil tank for heat storage, and the dismantling or conversion of existing boilers. The plan is to completely restructure the existing building while ensuring the ongoing supply tasks. The construction area is limited and the construction process is complex.
- Increased consideration of supply bottlenecks and restrictions due to the pandemic situation.
- Additional staff required to coordinate and support the project
- Identification of specific risks in process planning
- Implementation of project management tools to facilitate mutual coordination and communication in larger project teams