Governorate of Beheira, Fayoum and Qena:PSCP Planning of Primary Schools for three Governorates
- Processing of remote sensing data (Landsat, IRS, aerial photos)
- Preparation of an up-to-date digital base map from satellite data and identification of settlements
- GIS-based determination of areas of priority with high demand for primary schools
- GIS-based optimisation of school sites
- Construction of a Geographic Information System (GIS) for school planning and administration
Within the framework of financial co-operation, Ger-many is sponsoring the construction of primary schools for approx. 140,000 pupils in Egypt.
The inadequate school attendance, particularly in rural areas, is therefore to be improved.
Along with the financing of the construction of schools the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau is also financing the development of a sophisticated school site selec-tion system. The latest remote sensing methods and GIS technology will be used.