The duties include services for design and tendering:
- Civil, geotechnical, hydraulic engineering
- reinforced concrete and sheet piling
- slope stabilisation and bottom securing works
- drainage works
- steel construction and technical equipment
- mechanical and utilities engineering
- road and bridge construction
- elaboration of a security and health protection scheme
- according to site regulations
The branch waterway to Hildesheim is to be extended for the modern shipping of goods (large-scale motor vessels).
In order to effect this, the new construction of Bolzum lock will become necessary.
The existing lock cannot be adapted to raising the water level in the waterway.
Due to the bad condition of the existing lock an extensive rehabilitation of the existing lock will not be economically advantageous.
The new lock having a chamber width of 12.5 m and a chamber length of 140 m amounts to a dispensing height of 8.5 m.
The lock facility includes a new pumping station, an up and downstream landings together with their connections to the new lock.
The existing bridge passing the outer gates of the old lock will be built back while the old lock will remain intact as a technical historical building.