The project involves the following components:
- Business Planning including training in preparation and analysis of business plans
- Financial Management
- Recommendation of a financial management software solution and assist in its implementation
- Recommendation of a billing system software solution, ensure its full integration with other systems as well as capacity building and training.
- Implementation of a GIS solution
- Implementation of an Asset Management solution
- Accelerate connections to sewer network
- Ensure compliance of industrial discharges
Mwanza is a growing city at the south coast of Lake Victoria with a population just below one million inhabitants. Mwanza Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MWAUWASA) is responsible for the provision of potable water and wastewater management. The European Investment Bank (EIB) under the EU-Africa Infrastructure Trust Fund supports MWAUWASA with a long-term loan to boost infrastructure investments and strengthen the institutional capacities. The overall objective of the project is the protection of the environment of Lake Victoria and the wellbeing of the population in the lake basin through:
- Preparing the promotor for sustainable management of provided infrastructure by equipping him with related skills and operational tools
- Expanding sanitation services
Through the implementation of this project the Promoter shall be enabled to face challenges of the increasing demands of a growing city, according to the 2040 Master Plan.