- Creation of a comprehensive GHG inventory and model of Berlin's building stock.
- 5 fields of action: Energy generation, buildings & urban development, economy, transport, private households/consumption (fat BLS scope).
- Development of realistic decarbonization scenarios through intensive stakeholder involvement.
- Derivation of recommendations for action
The Senate Department for Urban Development and the Environment in Berlin had commissioned a feasibility study "Climate Neutral Berlin 2050". The feasibility study was to examine the basic feasibility of Berlin's climate neutrality objectives and to substantiate the feasibility in a comprehensible way by means of target scenarios and concepts of measures. The study will be translated into concrete measures as part of Berlin's energy and climate protection program.
- Comprehensive list of technical and policy action measures.
- Evaluation of costs and climate impact of the measures
- Staging and recommendation of timeframe for implementation
- If implemented according to recommendation, CO2 reductions of >85% are achievable
- Development of a controlling and monitoring tool to track savings
(Project partners: PIK, IÖW, ifok, LUP, RLI)