Let‘s bring visions to life
International Design Team Leader (m/f/d)
Anchored within the global backing of Dorsch Gruppe, the companies that focus on development cooperation projects form the International Cooperation Cluster. Together, Dorsch International Consultants, AMBERO, AHT, and Enviroearth blend multi-disciplinary engineering expertise with excellent management and development consulting. Thereby, we enable effective solutions enhancing the living conditions and livelihoods of individuals, communities, and cities worldwide.
Dorsch International Consultants is implementing projects financed by International Financing Institutions including KfW, GIZ, the World Bank, EBRD, EIB, and the UN. Our work comprises a large variety of sectors such as water, energy, social infrastructure, climate, and urban sustainability. We are providing engineering and advisory services along the entire project lifecycle, ranging from studies and investment planning, through design and implementation as well as capacity building and operation and maintenance support.
- Manage water and wastewater design teams (mechanical, process, electrical, civil, CAD, structural, etc.) through the preparation of preliminary and detailed designs for up to 30 water and wastewater infrastructure projects;
- Review and verify project scopes;
- Lead the data collection, verification, and analysis process;
- Oversee the preparation of the preliminary and detailed designs. This will include the identification and evaluation of technical options;
- Oversee the ESIA, topographical, and geotechnical survey work;
- Oversee the preparation of cost estimates (CAPEX and OPEX);
- Participate and lead capacity-building sessions, as required, for the client;
- Ensure that all time schedules are adhered to and are kept up to date;
- Coordination with the Procurement Expert for the preparation of tender documents according to the FIDIC Pink Book;
- Site visits and coordination with stakeholders;
- Quality control and quality assurance of all project deliverables;
Your Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Engineering in the field of water or wastewater;
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the water and the wastewater sector on IFI projects;
- Extensive experience in leading multidisciplinary engineering design teams (more than 15 people) ;
- In-depth experience with preliminary and detailed design of water and wastewater infrastructure (networks, pumping stations, WWTP, WTP);
- Knowledge of FIDIC Pink Book and preparation of tender documents;
- Experience managing ESIA processes and knowledge of KfW Sustainability Guidelines is preferred;
- MENA Regional experience;
- Full working proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Computer skills (MS Office, Auto-CAD, etc.).
- Interdisciplinary and intercultural working environment;
- Working for a growing international consulting and engineering company;
- A global group with global career development opportunities;
- Training and skill development;
- Your own areas of responsibility, and the freedom to develop your own ideas;
International Cooperation Division, Jordan
For more than 70 years, Dorsch Gruppe has been a respected and innovative consulting and engineering partner for industrial customers, private investors, and public institutions. As a group of companies with about 3,400 employees, we are one of the largest independent planning and consulting groups in Germany, with several international subsidiaries and project offices on all continents. Every year, we carry out over 2,000 projects in more than 50 countries. In context of our global operations, it is the creativity, competence, and commitment of our staff, that makes our company thrive.
We are looking forward to learn more about you. Please mail us your profile preferably in a World Bank or EU format.
If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process, please feel free to get in contact with our recruitment team.
Ms. Mai Al Khataybeh
HR Business Partner
International Cooperation Division
We have talked a lot about us here. So now we are keen to hear what you have to tell us and look forward to your application. If you have any questions about our company or about a vacancy, pleased feel free to contact us at any time.