The company's scope of services embraces every project stage from site selection through system studies to detailed design and construction supervision.
Since 1959 Dorsch Gruppe, either in its own capacity or as leading firm or partner in joint ventures, has been engaged in the design and/or construction supervision of the complete international and domestic hub airports:
The contracts for the planned international airports of Hamburg-Kaltenkirchen and Munich 2 were awarded on the basis of international design competitions.
The company has also designed major airport facilities such as underground fueling systems, freight terminals, maintenance buildings etc, passenger information systems, security systems etc, at various international airports.
The Dorsch Gruppe began designing facilities for military air traffic, from complete airfields to special installations, such as rapid refueling systems, control centres, protection shelters, etc, as early as 1951.
Up to now more than 50 military airbase projects have been performed by Dorsch.
The company executed the design and construction supervision of the European AWACS operation base of NATO.
Airport Design consulting services provided by Dorsch Gruppe cover
- Traffic forecasts
- Location studies
- Environmental impact assessments
- Feasibility studies including financial analysis
- Construction supervision
- Project financing including legal structure
- Consulting services for airport comissioning
- Advisory services for privatisation projects
- Owners Engineer / Technical Advisor
- Analysis of existing airport facilities and capacities
- Data information as a basis for airport development planning (traffic analysis,passenger and cargo traffic forecasts)
- Micro- and macro-economic aspects
Airport Design means
- Phase-wise development and extension with regard to necessities and financial possibilities
- Choice of accurate areas for construction and/or extension (dimensioning, layout, location, etc.)
- Minimization of impact on current airport operations during construction phase
- Meet international standards and regulations set by ICAO, IATA, FAA and others
- Creating clear and simple operative procedures (airside / landside)
- Flexible development concept to be able to react on changing requirements
- Airport design as a modern and attractive gateway to the region and to the
- Development of the airport and surrounding facilities as an attractive nucleus for business and investors
Airport Specific Equipment consultancy services provided by Dorsch Gruppe cover
- Road and rail access
- Runways, taxiways and aprons including pavement design
- Passenger and cargo terminals
- People mover systems
- Ground lighting and visual aids
- Instrument landing systems
- Communication installations
- Safety and security installations
- Aircraft servicing installations
- Fire and rescue facilities
- Drainage and sewage treatment facilities
- Utilities and disposal plant
- Technical plant for power and air-conditioning
- Refuelling facilities
- Navigational aids and air traffic control facilities
- De-icing installations