Road Safety Expert / Road Safety Resource Person (International Expert), Bangkok
Location: DC Asia, Bangkok
Duration: 6 months intermitted over the period of 3 years
To further develop the national highway network in Thailand (136.65 km) and strengthening of DOH capacity in road safety implementation.
- This expert is expected to make about four visits to Thailand including visits to the Project site. The exact design of his/her Project input (Road Safety Work Plan) shall be as proposed by the Consultant.
- This expert’s Work Plan, coordinated with that of the National Road Safety Training & Campaign Specialist, is expected to include working meetings, seminars, and workshops with DOH senior officials and staff associated with road safety, primarily the Bureau of Highway Safety, as well as with senior officials of the Ministry of Transport and senior officials of other governmental and private entities including the Royal Thai Police, all in support of the Government's 2011 Prime Minister's executive order.
- Bachelors and/or post-graduate degree in an appropriate field
- Preferably with 15 Road Safety Resource Person years relevant experience in academia
- Working with and in cooperation with international traffic safety entities, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the International Transport Forum (ITF), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) or similar entity; engaged in traffic safety research, and/or related experience on similar traffic safety assignments, and with relevant experience in the developing world
- Fluent in English skill
Interested applicants with the above qualifications are invited to send their application to:
Dorsch Consult asia Co., Ltd.
Fon: + 66 (0) 2 679 8900
Fax: + 66 (0) 2 679 8995