Resettlement Specialist (International Expert), Bangkok
Location: DC Asia, Bangkok
Duration: 6 months intermitted over the period of 3 years
To further develop the national highway network in Thailand (136.65 km) and implementation of resettlement management plan.
- Monitoring the work and providing guidance to the National Resettlement Specialist
- Monitoring, together with National Resettlement Specialist, the implementation of the updated RP
- Designing and managing social safeguard training and capacity building
- Assisting the DOH in minimizing adverse social impacts from resettlement, coordinating resettlement activities, tracking compliance with project policies, and assisting with corrective action and resolving grievances
- Bachelor's degree in sociology, anthropology, scientific and management and/or any other related field
- Preferably 15 year experience in undertaking social assessments, including solid experience in the conduct of social surveys and consultations
- Prior experience in involuntary resettlement on internationally financed projects (ADB, World Bank, etc.) will be considered beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Conversational knowledge of Thai will be considered beneficial
Interested applicants with the above qualifications are invited to send their application to:
Dorsch Consult asia Co., Ltd.
Fon: + 66 (0) 2 679 8900
Fax: + 66 (0) 2 679 8995