Project Manager, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Location: DC Abu Dhabi, UAE
Available: Oct / Nov 2017
Project: All Builings and Infrastructure related Projects
Responsible for supporting the Project team with the establishment of the project delivery strategy, planning, administration, schedule and cost control, design reviews for completeness and constructability, Quality management, risk management and client management throughout the project lifecycle and coordination of all parties involved.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Oversees projects of a moderate complex nature
- Participating in establishing and implementing the Project Management Plan and procedures
- Manages and leads the overall project and the project team including all technical and financials.
- Leads and manages the project team through all phases of project planning, execution, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements.
- Preparing tender strategy; identifying qualified consultants, contractors and vendors; preparing and issuing RFP’s, evaluating proposals; negotiating contract terms/deliverables/payment schedules; and issuing recommendations
- Overseeing and guiding consultants design progress activities and monitoring and verifying design progress and submittals at all design phases.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the risk management plan.
- Reviewing and monitoring project schedules.
- Verifying, recommending and processing invoices and assess of variations and claims.
- Support during the supervision stage, as needed, including responding to contractors’ RFIs and solving design conflicts, in coordination with local design support teams.
- Manage changes in project scope, potential risks and contingency plans, as needed.
- Manage client relations, including managing project expectations and sharing project progress and issues / risks.
- Degree M.Sc or B.Sc in related Degree (Preferably in Civil / Architecture / Construction Management)
- A minimum of 15+ years’ of extensive work experience in Project & Construction management in an established engineering management consultancy.
- Strong knowledge in contracts for design and construction specifically: FIDIC
- Experience in Arbitration, Construction Claims assessment and mitigation is advantageous.
- Experience and track record in managing related projects within one or more specializations (especially related to Building and Infrastructure Projects)
Licenses and Certificates
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) & Certified Risk Management Professional (RMP) will be preferred.
How to apply?
Please email your CV to careers(at)dorsch(dot)com in Word document or PDF file (including a recent photograph, your current salary package and/or desired salary); specifying the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All applications will be treated confidentially and only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.