Environmental Specialist (International Expert), Bangkok
Location: DC Asia, Bangkok
Duration: 6 months intermitted over the period of 3 years
To further develop the national highway network in Thailand (136.65 km) and implementation of resettlement and environment management plan.
- Monitoring the work and providing guidance to the National Environmental Specialist
- The overall timeliness, thoroughness, and effective implementation of the lEE, the EMP, CEMPs and all related environmental assessments and reports
- Assisting the DOH in the procurement of environmental monitoring equipment
- Training DOH staff and contractors on EMP implementation.
- Bachelors' degree in the physical, biological or environmental sceneries or in engineering
- Preferably 15 year experience in the environmental field
- Preferably 10 year international experience on internationally financed road projects (ADB, World Bank, etc.); with extensive experience in environmental impact assessment and in monitoring and supervising of environmental health and safety aspects during construction of road development projects
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Conversational knowledge of Thai will be considered beneficial
Interested applicants with the above qualifications are invited to send their application to:
Dorsch Consult asia Co., Ltd.
Fon: + 66 (0) 2 679 8900
Fax: + 66 (0) 2 679 8995